Friday, November 10, 2006

What a Travel Website Should Be

Quick entry about what a website dedicated to traveling should be.

My buddy Rafal and I have been throwing around the idea of hiking the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal. This is a 22 day, 180 mile trek that leads to Mt. Everest base camp through some of the most beautiful and unspoiled parts of the world. While researching the idea we ran into some pretty sweet websites, this one stands out as the best that I have ever seen.

This guy is big time. I really enjoyed his entries, how he described his entries, how he made you feel like you were right there.

It makes you want to buy a ticket to Kathmandu and start hiking.

http://www.vagabonding.com

For Rafal, this trip is a priority and he is planning on doing it next September. I however, am on the other side of the coin because I need to establish myself - getting a job, doing well at what I do, and doing it for a coupla years.

life's all about trade offs...traveling gives you lots of freedom and exposes you to things you never imagined. But right now, i am trading travel experience for work experience that will help me reach my future goals.

Vamos a ver, no?

No comments: